You can feel, see, smell the serenity…
10 things I love about ALBANY and why it’s worth a visit!
- Albany has beaches everywhere – where the sand feels like powder….and where you can walk and not pass another person (often)
- There are also rivers, the Kalgan and King …
- It doesn’t take long to navigate your way around town (there’s NO traffic lights)
- Any direction you take will lead you someplace different and equally stunning in scenery, but get off the beaten track a little, visit beaches outside the town….
- It’s cool climate is a nice escape from QLD (well, a little too cool in winter..)
- There are many yummy coffee shops that have popped up serving very decent coffee AND a new Entertainment centre which looks pretty impressive and attract some great bands and shows.
- There are still lovely little cottages (heritage listed) around town some built of stone… Also churches, the town hall the old primary school gorgeous buildings
- Theres a lot of history here – The FORTS – where the ships left Australia in WW1 and a new ANZAC museum – worth seeing (apart from the old Whaling Station)
- You can still buy a house here for under 200k (ok, not the normal price but I did see some around)
- The views from the hills in town are stupendous.